One of the joys of reading is being able to transport yourself to a different time and a different place. In this week’s blog sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish, we are ranking the Top 10 book settings that we, personally, would like visit. Here’s my list!
10. New Orleans- The Undoing of Saint Silvanus- Beth Moore
New Orleans is just one of those cities that as an American you have to see at least once! I love the architecture and history that are uniquely "New Orleans".
9. Germany- My Name Was Five by Heinz Kohler
Germany has been on my personal "must visit" list for many years because my father's family roots are in Germany. I've heard from many people that Germany is one of the most beautiful countries they have ever visited. Although Kohler's book is set primarily during his childhood years in Germany during WWII, the modern-day Germany draws me.
8. Russia- From Russia With Love by Susan May Warren
Russia is yet another country whose history and architecture- and people- intrigue me. Can't help but think of KGB spies.... :)
7. New Zealand- Close to You by Kara Isaac
New Zealand is not a place I really would have thought about visiting until I read Close to You. This exotic country seems to be filled with adventure and breathtaking scenery (like this picture!).
6. Montana- Noble Legacy Series- Reclaiming Nick, Taming Rafe, Finding Stefanie by Susan May Warren
Montana brings thoughts of frontier days, ranch life, and awe-inspiring mountains. Beautiful state!
5. Colorado- Timber Ridge Reflections Series- From a Distance, Beyond This Moment, and Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander
Yet another state with beyond amazing mountains (are you seeing a theme here?) for this mountain-girl at heart! And good snow skiing, too!
4. Seattle- Count Me In by Mikal Dawn
Seattle epitomizes this Southern girl's vision of the North West. And can I just say a city known for its coffee speaks to my heart- much like Allegra's vice in Count Me In! And I hope when we take an Alaskan cruise in 2019 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary we will be able to port out in Seattle! Speaking of Alaska...
3. Alaska- Alaskan Courage Series- Shadowed, Submerged, Shattered, Stranded, Silenced, Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey
Alaska...bears, elk, glaciers, adventure sports, mountains, whales...need I say more! My heart longs for thee! Pettrey captured the beauty inherent to this beloved state making me long to visit it even more! Although I'll say after reading Stranded I will be on guard during my cruise! Yikes!
2. Scotland- The Case of the Clobbered Cad by Debra Marvin
Scotland is known for many things- its rich heritage, the Loch Ness Monster, golf, and amazing old world castles!
1. Ireland- Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason
Ireland takes my number one spot as a place I'd like to visit for a few reasons- my mother's family heritage stems from Ireland, the craggy cliffs intrigue me, the ancient castles beckon my curiosity, and most of all the lush green landscape of this beautiful country takes my breath away.
Those are my pics! What bookish settings have you transported to that you would like to visit in real life?
Hello, and welcome to my book blog! My name is Crystal Smith. Some say I have a reading addiction... read more
Books I'm Currently Reading!