In lieu of creating a list for this week’s Top 10 based on Thanksgiving (because I have way too many books that would overrun that list!) as suggested by The Broke and the Bookish, I have decided to post one for unusual character names. I’ve always wondered how author’s come up with their characters’ names, what their inspirations are. Here are some first names I found particularly interesting!
10. Charlie Lionheart from The Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof (ok, so this one is for the last name, not the first name!)
9. Raine from The Dandelion Field by Kathryn Springer
8. Rand from Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander
7. Tox, Haven, and Ram from Conspiracy of Silence and Crown of Souls by Ronie Kendig
6. Callum from Laurel by Susan F. Craft
5. Cade and Deacon from An Improper Proposal by Davalynn Spencer
4. Ryland from A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter
3. Bear and Case from All This Time by Melissa Tagg
2. Aven from Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof (releasing July 2018)
1. Arelie from Lady Jayne Disappears by Joanna Davidson Politano
Hello, and welcome to my book blog! My name is Crystal Smith. Some say I have a reading addiction... read more
Books I'm Currently Reading!